[NTLK] New to newton, a few questions...

From: Omar (player000_at_noos.fr)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 07:40:26 PDT

Hello all.

        I purchased an upgraded MP2000 last week, and have fallen in love with
it. The HWR is truly amazing, along with all the included apps, this is
truly what a PDA should be.

        I've been looking around on the net for info ever since, and stumbled
upon this mailing list. I'm surprised to see there's still so much
activity. It's amazing.

        Anyways, I was showing it off to a few friends, one of who had a modem
card lying around. Popped it in and the Newton recognized it, amazing.
Unfortunately, it appears the original owner of my Newton deleted the
internet navigator and e-mail app included with it, so I can't surf the
net yet. I also don't have the serial cable, so for the time being I'm
having a chicken and egg problem :(

        I live in France, does anybody know where (even on the net) I could
find a serial cable to sync the Newton and get the software on it? As I
understand it, the preferred syncing way is via Ethernet, but you have
to load the drivers on the Newt beforehand, so I'm a bit out of luck.
Are there any ethernet cards that are recognised by default by the
newton? I don't seem to have the NIE Ethernet extension.

        Thanks to all, and sorry for the lenghty post ;o)!

Omar

OSX Junkie