Re: [NTLK] Avoid GEM ENTERPRISES

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 06:46:47 PDT

on 9/3/02 8:50 AM, Ferdi Ozguner at fozguner_at_ualberta.ca wrote:

> As an ebay seller i have been hearing nothing but TERRIBLE feedback from
> people that have contacted me after getting ripped off by GEM.

    My experience with GEM has been nothing but good so far. I bought an
upgraded 2000 from them that was exactly as advertised. My only complaint
with that transaction was with Canada Customs which opened everything and
then just threw it back in the box with no attempt to rewrap properly.
    I ordered from GEM again last week and correspondence with them
(questions I had about the purchase) has been prompt and helpful.
    There were other items I did not purchase after questioning GEM via
email and finding out the items were not what I wanted. They made no attempt
to mislead me into buying something I didn't want.
    As with all things on eBay you must read descriptions with care and ask
questions if you're not certain what's being offered. Too often I've seen
people on the list asking if something is a good deal and then looked at the
eBay sale to find they've misread or misunderstood the description.

Peter