Re: [NTLK] must have software

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 07:58:45 PDT

On 03/09/02 06:31, "fl02pe_at_badger.ac.BrockU.CA" <fl02pe_at_badger.ac.BrockU.CA>
wrote:

> Hi every one!
> i have been going through unna like mad looking for software
>
> does anyone have a collection thats good??
> just for normal operation that is!

Huh? What are you asking, actually? That's maybe a language thing, but I'm
not sure I understand your question...

-Laurent.

code police n.: [by analogy with George Orwell's `thought police'] A
mythical team of Gestapo-like storm troopers that might burst into one's
office and arrest one for violating programming style rules. May be used
either seriously, to underline a claim that a particular style violation is
dangerous, or ironically, to suggest that the practice under discussion is
condemned mainly by anal-retentive weenies. "Dike out that goto or the code
police will get you!" The ironic usage is perhaps more common.