[NTLK] Sharing DSL Connection

From: Brian Carstensen (reggie.lives_at_netzero.com)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 18:56:45 PDT

Hello there. I've been messing with this for a great long time now, but
nothing I've tried works and I'm getting too frustrated to keep at it.
There are two computers in my house sharing a DSL internet connection
through an ethernet hub. I want to get my Newton on the internet, but
I've read that it will never support PPPoE. This makes me sad. :(

My Newton 2k is connected to the network through the IC port into an
AsanteTalk box. Right now it can connect to a my dad's Mac running OS 9
and NCU, though it seems to have some trouble, probably because of the
cable lengths. This works for installing packages, but I'd rather use
FTP to install packages from my G4 running OS X.

Basically what I'm asking is how can I share an internet connection in
OS X with a Newton through an AsanteTalk box over Ethernet? Thank you
very much for reading. :)

- Brian