Re: [NTLK] Looking for spec of (probably) a fuse

From: Humphreys, David (URB) (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 05:42:45 PDT

I think that what you have there, Frank, is a non-flammable resistor.
It is designed to not burn under fault conditions.

You could also have a fusible resistor but these have a white body generally, and non-flamable are green so I would
guess its a NF resistor.

It is *VERY* important to replace it with the correct part. A normal resistor won't work. Well, it will operate but you
run the risk of fire as you have removed the protection.

51R = 51 ohms

J = +/- 5% tolerance

These are commonly employed on AC adaptors like you have described.

They are usually connected in series with the input.

Is this where it is connected?

Good Luck and be careful!

PCBman