Re: [NTLK] Avoid GEM ENTERPRISES - they are just Fraudsters!!

From: Adam Macks (akmacks_at_ozemail.com.au)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 14:23:09 PDT

On 4/9/02 9:33 AM, "Arne Christiansen" <captarne_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I also have never had a problem with Gem Enterprises. I always have
> received from them exactly what was advertised.
> Arne

My experience with GEM Enterprises was very pleasant - UNTIL I paid them for
a deposit on two Brand New MP2100s (selling a few months ago) advertised
privately by a newton-talk community member. After this I felt I was not
treated as an all important customer, but another potential sucker - against
whom they were trying to find any potential fault they could use to forfeit
my deposit.

They onsold them a few weeks later, to another person. And would not refund
my money, then they had the cheek to say they had another two available for
$50 more than I paid deposit for, but without all the accessories.

Because I paid through paypal, there is no protection for international
buyers. The purchase was not initiated through ebay, so no protections come
from that either. My credit card company can not reverse the transaction
because paypal did not do anything wrong - they just transferred the money
as I asked. I should have insisted that the transaction occur through my
credit card, then I would have been able to dispute the transaction. They
know that the customer can use these methods to protect themselves, so they
try not to use these payment types.

I know I should have been less gullible - but they are not honest, ethical
people.

They are preying on us as suckers.

I'm obviously doomed if I leave negative feedback! I'm sure they have a
lurker here so I'll expect negative feedback on ebay anyway (they know my
username).

The best way to treat these people would be to send them mail bombs, virii,
etc, until it costs them the same as it did for me.

People here who keep buying off them are just justifying to GEM that they
can keep treating people the way they are.

Adam Macks, Australia