Re: [NTLK] Memory Hack

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 20:29:54 PDT

There is (was) someone on this list (I believe that he
was affiliated with the LANUG) who had one of these
prototypes that had 8MB internal on it...
Check the archives. A link to a photo was given that
showed a snapshot of the Newt with the memory there
big and bold.

Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- tfbiii_at_nbscomputers.net wrote:
> Has anyone tried to hack the built-in memory on a
> 2100 to increase it
> past 4 MB? IIRC, one of the history pages mentioned
> prototypes with 6
> and 8MB and with all of the Newt parts available
> now, I was just curious
> if someone broke out the soldering iron and gave it
> a whirl.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred

=====
"Bush, himself the most intellectually backward American president of my political lifetime, is surrounded by advisers whose bellicosity is exceeded only by their political, military and diplomatic illiteracy,"
 - Gerald Kaufman, a lawmaker from the governing British Labor Party