[NTLK] need help w/deleting classroom applications on eMate, and more...

From: M. Kadison (m.kadison_at_mimarchitect.com)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 14:20:02 PDT

I have been tinkering with an eMate I just bought last week. I believe
that it has 1727K internal memory... Is this amount correct, it is hardlly
enough to load NetHopper, SimpleMail, and the NIE suite. I have only 17K
available as free space, and thus have some difficulty (Is that normal? can
memory be added to the eMate?)

Is there a way to delete some of the built in applications like "Classroom
Dock" and "Teacher Setup" ?

I have upgraded to NOS 2.1 and that seems to eat up space too...

Being that I want to use the only PCMCIA for an ethernet card, I don't
think I have much room to expand the memory... or do I ???

Laurent helped me out with the installation process of NIE, nonethelless I
still can't get SimpleMail to even open under the in/Out box. It keeps
asking me to provide a link to the Internet Setup. (?)

Hate to take too much of your time, but even the minute tips from you guys
would help me progress much faster than my current effort.

Thanks...

Matt