Re: [NTLK] [NTLK][OT] linguistics -was localization of newton OS?

From: Gerstein, Sam (Sam.Gerstein_at_Streamserve.Com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 07:34:53 PDT

It's actually a dental fricative, an "ess" of some kind (don't speak German,
so I couldn't say for sure). Its name is sometimes written "ess-tzet"
though I was going to try to avoid embarassing myself by writing it down
because that's probably not right ;)
What you're referring to is its use in the convention through which
linguistics people try to express the phonemes of all languages with an
unambiguous orthography. :)

/Sam