Re: [NTLK] Ramblings and Wishes

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 00:02:30 PDT

on 11-09-2002 6:00, Dave Bonhoff at gtidave_at_golden.net wrote:

> -I seem to have to reset my Newt at least once a day, usually due to poor
> performance,'61 errors, or not being able to 'power down', switch off, what
> ever you want to call it... Yes, I've loaded and deleated lot's of stuff while
> getting familiar with what my Newt can do for me. I'm sure that I have
> packages installed that I have no idea what they belong to! I have used Prefs
> Cleaner, but...

That just doesn't seem right, don't remember the last time my Newt froze and
it's used intensively, just don't go on the web with it.
You could do a backup (or two would be even better) and do a brain wipe
(hard reset) followed by a restore, to get rid of storage fragmentation.
And you should probably install some of the '61 utilities like SysPatch (for
starters only enable the 'Power-Off Fix', you can adjust it in the Prefs app
in your Extras.

> - Storage. My 4MB flash card is full. A 32MB flash card may do everything I'll
> ever need, but I'm going to wait for the ATA driver so that I can use a 256MB
> or bigger CF Card for cached webpages, maps, books, and whatever else suits my
> fancy!

32 cards aren't expensive anymore, I have one for sale if you want it.

Robert Benschop