Re: [NTLK] 802.11/WLAN and DHCP -> Configs?

From: [bri cors] (bri_at_nerdtech.com)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 04:32:40 PDT

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, [ISO-8859-1] Ren=E9 Groot wrote:

> My experience: the Newton will not connect if the base station it is=3D20
> actually connected through is NOT the one that serves the DHCP. In=3D20
> other words, if there is a router or another station behind it, that=3D20
> acts as DHCP servers, it will typically error out. If you can move=3D20
> closer to the base station that actually serves these, you're lucky. If=
=3D20=3D

> it is a router then you're out of luck. I managed to get by it using=3D20
> the new Software Base Station functionality in 10.2

I actually turned OFF all DHCP services provided by Apple stuff [ABS's and
computers] - and turned ON the DHCP serving on my router [hooked up to my
DSL connection] - and I am able to get DHCP addresses on the Newton just
fine now - at home at least.

I have not had a chance to check this out at work yet - where I have ABS's
and an OS X Server that can do DHCP. More info as I have it..