[NTLK] Any solutions for a dull screen?

From: H Roshan (kingz_indian_at_yahoo.ca)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 19:47:20 PDT

I recently bought an UMP2100. Everything about it is
just amazingly great except that the lcd screen is
kinda duller than normal. Playing with the contrast
doesnt seem to help. I suppose there is no brightness
control in there. Anyway, after switching on the
backlight its gets better esp. if the room is darker
but yet not as bright as I would desire it to be. I
also observe that the reflection from the glass
surface is pretty bothersome in normal conditions. I
know that the chances are that nothing can be done
about it, but I feel it doesnt hurt to ask around.
Anyone else on the same boat? What are the
options/tweaks etc if any at all! TIA!
cheers.