[NTLK] Rookie question -Green screen

From: RADAR9999_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 11:02:21 PDT

Don't pull the spring returned slide switch all the down. Go just a little
past half way and it will activate the backlight. Doing it again will also
shut off backlight w/o shutting down newton. Takes a litttle practice. Note
backlight is famous for sucking power and they do have a limited life. Use
sparingly.
    On that note there is a websight for a gent that is working on
replacement backlight kits, when the green screen wears out. One of them uses
a material that gives off a whitish backlight, rather than green. Have not
looked him up in a while as I don't need to, yet!

Good luck and enjoy the Newt!
Ed Johnson