Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #647

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 08:46:12 PDT

> From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd <jbond_at_jameswhale.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Newton still wows 'em
> Mark Rollins harmonically chorded:
I always thought I was tone-deaf!
>> Occasionally stutters, but again, as I said with the Novatel Merlin wireless
>> setup, we must not be critical of how well the pig flies, we must be amazed
>> it can fly at all.
> Undoubtedly true, yet I still find myself wishing upon a star for a
> MADnewton with improved buffering to reduce the stutters. Switching to the
> Internal store has has no appreciably effect for my setup.
How much free internal RAM do you have. I have at least 500K free. That may
have an affect on playback. Mine really rarely stutters.

> This is not to detract in any way from the amazing work Eckhart Koppen has
> done here, of which I stand in awe.
I know. He must've read the article someone wrote who stated that the Newt
OS/ARM/"memory garbage collection" combination made an MP3 player impossible
on the Newt. People who do the impossible truly amaze me.