[NTLK] wireless and fun problems (ncu via appletalk, anyone?)

From: TT Mooney (ttmooney_at_dilettantism.com)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 13:46:44 PDT

hello all --

my wavelan silver card showed up today, so i immediately began making
it work with my smc router and the newton.

let's just say it has been an interesting experience. here's what is
happening so far:

it seems that chromavnc doesn't like the newton connecting to it -- the
newt freaks out and chroma crashes. i may try the stock at&t vnc
package next. this is on macos 9, of course.

in a related vnc issue, i only get a portion of the newt's screen when
connecting from vncthing on macos x. anyone have a similar issues?

the real problem i'm having, though, is the fact that i cannot use ncu,
nbu or npi over appletalk. my machine (this is all under macos 9) is
available on the network via appleshare, so i know that appletalk is
properly bound to the lan (and hence wireless to my ibook), but the
newt cannot see the computer on appletalk, so it can't dock with it. my
ethernet card is still in the post on it's way here, so i can't figure
out if this is just related to the wireless card or not, yet.

i could have made a simple and stupid mistake. any help would be
appreciated.

ttm

******
klass mot klass.