Re: [NTLK] wireless and fun problems (ncu via appletalk, anyone?)

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 21:47:12 PDT

When playing around with Basilisk, I found that my
Newt couldn't see my Virtual Mac.
That is until I checked that little box on the card
slip that says something like "Use card for Appletalk"
Yours may say something different because my memory
isn't that good, you know, old age and stuff...
Ed (Happy October Fest!)
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- TT Mooney <ttmooney_at_dilettantism.com> wrote:

> hello all --

<snip>
> the real problem i'm having, though, is the fact
> that i cannot use ncu,
> nbu or npi over appletalk. my machine (this is all
> under macos 9) is
> available on the network via appleshare, so i know
> that appletalk is
> properly bound to the lan (and hence wireless to my
> ibook), but the
> newt cannot see the computer on appletalk, so it
> can't dock with it. my
> ethernet card is still in the post on it's way here,
> so i can't figure
> out if this is just related to the wireless card or
> not, yet.
>
> i could have made a simple and stupid mistake. any
> help would be
> appreciated.
>
> ttm

=====
"Bush, himself the most intellectually backward American president of my political lifetime, is surrounded by advisers whose bellicosity is exceeded only by their political, military and diplomatic illiteracy,"
 - Gerald Kaufman, a lawmaker from the governing British Labor Party