Re: [NTLK] Comparison of 2100 & eMate

From: Jesse Garnier (jgarnier_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 08:50:43 PDT

Among the issues to consider are keyboard and performance. While you can get
a keyboard for your 2100, it's a separate unit and not built-in like the
eMate's. If you think you're going to want to use a keyboard every time you
use your device, then consider an eMate. If you think you'll rarely use one,
or don't mind carrying a separate keyboard, then consider the 2100.

Also, 2100s run significantly faster than eMates, 162mhz vs. 33mhz. The
performance difference, although not quite as dramatic as the processor
speeds may indicate, is significant, especially if you want to play MP3s or
do other processor-intensive activities.

Hope that helps.

--Jesse