[NTLK] 2 serial port dongle?

From: Donald Wilson (marchie_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 11:23:38 PDT

I'm not the MOST electronically inclined, but I have this question:

From what I've read about The Dongle and the IC port on the 2x00 Newts, the IC port can ope3rate 2 serial ports.

So if I get a couple extra dongles, and remove the IC connector from them, can I wire in 2 serial ports according to the pinouts, and have a larger dongle with, say, a MiniDin and a DB9 port?

And what about Power? Audio? I've read all the sites about Audio dongles, and I'm pretty durn sure that my dad and I can pull that off... why not a BIG dongle, that I just never take out, with all the ports?

~Donald