Re: [NTLK] NCU & NBU Don't

From: Jeff Sheldon (jeff_at_jurai.net)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 23:48:22 PDT

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Ed Kummel wrote:

> stuff...it's just too confusing! I'm sticking with
> something easy...something I know about...Windows! ME,
> 98, NT, 2000, XP! Now, where did I put my .Net CD?

You forgot 95, CE, Embedded (hah), and Tablet Edition. There was also
that brief stint with NT5 that sort of circulated around. We'll just
ignore everything in the 3.x range and before since that's what Microsoft
later did. Of course everything up to XP already has a toe tag with
end-of-support & termination of sales date written on it.

On that note, does anyone know what the status of GNUton is? Completely
dead-ended? It was a step in the right directtion.

-Jeff