Re: [NTLK] BackTalk Beaming Disabled

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 11:20:47 PDT

On 27/09/02 14:13, "Scott Roy Atwood" <atwood_at_cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

> I have BackTalk installed on my Newton, but I needed to beam a package to
> another Newton that didn't have BackTalk installed. So in the routing
> slip that came up for the beam, I unselected "ObEx", and the Newton
> immediately began looking for a receiver.
>
> The problem is I can no longer send BackTalk beams! Whenever I choose
> "Beam" from the routing menu, my Newton immediate begins looking for
> a receiver for a standard Newton beam instead of giving me the routing
> slip with the "ObEx" option. I've tried resetting my Newton, clicking on
> all the BackTalk icons, and even deleting and reinstalling the BackTalk
> packages, all to no avail.
>
> Does anyone know how to re-enable BackTalk beaming?
>
> -Scott

That's strange. Never had this problem before. The only thing I can suggest
is to go to the InOut app, then select "Beam Prefs" from the lower left
corner 'i' button. Make sure that "When beaming" is set to "Specify when".

-Laurent.

"Heuristics are bug ridden by definition. If they didn't have bugs,
then they'd be algorithms."