Re: [NTLK] ? about wi-fi networking and the newton

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 11:56:22 PST

> Not at all. Any good base like Netgear or Linksys or even an OSX based
> mac running 10.2 or higher with sharing on will work...

So you're saying that if I bought an Airport card for my G4 and a
Wavelan card for my Newton I could surf on my Newt? Would it work if the
mac was sleeping? Would that be over Appletalk, Rendesvous, TCP/IP? Is
there an explanation of how to do that anywheres?

I have been with the Mac a long time, but networking is not my forté (so
to speak), so I know little about making machines talk to one another.
Currently I am running a cheap router and running everything through
DHCP to share a Cable connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nate

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html