Re: [NTLK] Apple iPad?

From: Frederick Fellwock (fredfellwock_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 12:16:14 PST

Eventually all of our present Newton hardware will wear out.

If we had another platform w/similar features as our Newtons we could all
eventually migrate over.

I think any "Newton II", "ipad", or any truly Newton like computer would
present a great opportunity for the Newton community. We have the best user
group. We could use the tools that are already in place (ie. Newton talk)
and make any other pda/tablet look like a joke, a lot like we do now.

All the classic Newtons and support will still be here, we will just have
new questions. It would be like if Apple came out with Newton 2300
w/updated OS. Questions like "How do I transfer files from ipad to Newton
2100?".

Newton talk users will probably be some of the first people in line to
purchase an "iwhatever" anyway as we are a fairly tech savvy group.

I will use my Newton 2100 till the day it dies but it would be nice to have
an option for something new.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html