Re: [NTLK] Apple iPad?

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 13:02:36 PST

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 08:16:14PM +0000, Frederick Fellwock wrote:
> Newton talk users will probably be some of the first people in line to
> purchase an "iwhatever" anyway as we are a fairly tech savvy group.

Very true.

> I will use my Newton 2100 till the day it dies but it would be nice to have
> an option for something new.

Well, that kind of depends. There's a lot of strong points to the Newts,
but given something that's current and supported, with a comparable ease
of use and form factor, I'd drop my 2100 in short order, just as I
dropped my 130 when I got the 2100. My loyalty isn't to the platform per
se, but rather to what it can do for me. So far, PalmOS devices and
PocketPCs don't fit me as well as the 2100 does. Given a device that
does good handwriting recognition, an equally memorizable UI and
fuction, and a screen size +/- 20% or so, I'd probably venture up to
about $750 to a new device.

--
77. If I have a fit of temporary insanity and decide to give the hero the
    chance to reject a job as my trusted lieutentant, I will retain enough