[NTLK] Soldering the Interconnect Port

From: Hans Derycke (hans_at_derycke.com)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 13:32:58 PST

Thanks to the good directions over at pda-soft.de, my UMP is open and
gutted on my desk. Now comes the part where I'm supposed to solder the
interconnect port back onto the main logic board.

The IC port has a row of tiny connectors. I don't want to believe that
I have to solder each one of those back onto the logic board. If I
place the port on the board, pressure seems to make good contact
between the two. Rather, it seems that the port was glued to the board
with some sort of metallic paste at two points. Does anyone know what
stuff this is, where I can find some, or what other stuff I can use?
Would Loc-Tite do (or would it eat the logic board)? And while we're at
it, is there a way to connect the port *better*, so as to prevent its
wandering in the future?

Thanks,

--
Hans Derycke