Re: [NTLK] Warning!! Wireless newbie questions (Mac)

From: John Acuff (jacuff1_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 15:33:39 PST

On Friday, April 4, 2003, at 01:53 PM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> On vrijdag, apr 4, 2003, at 19:04 Europe/Amsterdam, John Acuff wrote:
>
>> I rarely use the Newt online, so I figure I can always get an Orinoco
>> or Wavelan card for it later if necessary.
>
> Why don't you get that card right away, will work with your other
> options as well.

The problem with that is that I can't find any retailer locally that
carry those brands. I can get NetGear, Linksys, D-Link, Siemens, US
Robotics, and Microsoft.

> For access points NetGear is a good back, not all route AppleTalk over
> wireless, NetGear does (which made Rich call it NewtGear earlier
> today...)

Yep, that seems to be the one to go with. Most of the reviews I've seen
for the NetGear stuff has been very positive. They apparently are easy
to use and have great range. I'd pretty much go with them on the
router. I can get a NetGear for about $100 locally. The big question is
what to use on the computer side of things.
John

"Got Newt!"

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html