Re: [NTLK] MAD links via Newt's Cape?

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Sat Apr 05 2003 - 02:29:55 PST

on 4/5/03 3:19 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net at newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 18:02 -0600
> From: "George Bingham" <georgebingham_at_swbell.net>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] MAD links via Newt's Cape?
>
>> I get an error from Newt's

>>> Erm, maybe Eck changed MAD Newton in such a way that it doesn't work
>>> anymore?
>>> I'm not up on that. I seem to recall that I wrote LaunchPLS when MAD
>>> Newton
>>> was around version 0.6.
>>
>> No, no changes from me regarding that... the error looks like it is
>> happening a bit earlier and MAD Max doesn't even get to see the URL.
>
> I agree, as the error comes from Newt's Cape
> and although it shows the appropriate mime type (audio/x-mpegurl) it complains
> that there is no helper-app.
> I tried removing LaunchPLS and reinstalling, but get the same result. Has
> Newt's Cape changed? (I'm using 2.1e2).

no Newt's Cape changes in past ~2 years.

have you tried View / View Helpers in Newt's Cape? that lists the MIME
types that are supported/installed internally and via various plugins. and
might provide some clues. (one possible problem is that if LaunchPLS is
installing before Newt's Cape, registering a plugin would have to be via
inlined code rather than Newt's Cape's installHelperApp method).

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com