[NTLK] Does opening Newton erase memory?

From: ALAN SHAW (alanshaw_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 19:31:23 PDT

With my SER-001 on the way, I've been reading about opening up the
MP2100. There seems to be a disagreement as to whether the internal
memory will be erased after the battery pack is removed for several
minutes. So I'm putting the question out there again. Will opening up
the 2100 (and taking out the battery) erase the memory?

The reason I ask is that I don't have a way of backing up the 2100 to a
computer because I don't have a dongle. The Newton 2100 is new for me.
I'm still using my 130, which is backed up. I won't put any new stuff
on the 2100 until I get the SER-001 installed.

Thanks to the group in advance,

Alan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html