Re: [NTLK] Does opening Newton erase memory?

From: ALAN SHAW (alanshaw_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 20:33:55 PDT

Quoting Peter H. Coffin
>Back up to a card?

Peter, I do have a 2mb card I can use. Since I haven't received the
2100 yet I'll hope that I can back it up to that small card. Thanks for
the suggestion.

Quoting Chris Chapman
>Nope. You'll be just fine. Just follow the directions .... won't lose
>anything in memory at all... thats why newtons rock

Thanks Chris! Since I have a feeling that I won't be able to back up
the whole Newton to a 2mb card, I appreciate your reply.

But now I remember something else. Forgive me for the following complex
setup:

I also have a 4mb card with lots of stuff on it that I use with my 2.0
MP 130. Since I have backed up both the Newton 130 and the 4mb card to
my PC, can I take that 4mb card, put it in the 2100, erase all the
card's 130 data, then backup the 2100 to it? After installing the SER-
001, assuming all goes well, can I then put the 4mb card *back* in my
130 and restore the data that was originally on it from my PC backup?

Alan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html