[NTLK] eMate hinge problem

From: JuanM (juanm_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 18:55:25 PDT

This is annoying. I had read about the dreaded eMate hinge problem. I
recntly bought an eMate on eBay. When I got it there were no problems
opening and closing the eMate. It opened effortlessly. After a few
days, everything seemed just dandy. Today, I opened it and it would not
go beyond 90 degree open without some major effort which I didn't try.
I then closed it and it now doesn't really open. I certainly could
force it but that would certainly result in disaster.

I have seen at least two sites that show step by step photos of taking
the eMate apart. I have taken the original iMac apart and many other
Macs including portables but this one worries me.

What do I have to lose? Just time I guess.

But is there anyone out there that repairs these problems? what is the
cost?

thanks

juan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html