Re: [NTLK] eMate hinge problem

From: Woody (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Sat Apr 19 2003 - 18:27:34 PDT

Go ahead and give it a try. I have opened and repaired the springs on
both of my sons' eMates without problem. Luckily neither of the cables
were damaged. Because there are a number of small screws and parts I
used a large serving tray to contain all the parts and followed the
directions to the letter. I tried bothe the soldering method and the
non soldering method and prefer the soldering approach. A side note the
first proiblem that we had with one of the emates was a broken backlight
wire I repaired that by soldering in a piece of telephone wire. thazt
was actually easier than unsoldering and resoldering the wires when I
repaired the springs.

Woody

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html