Re: [NTLK] Recent Barcode wand setup

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 20 2003 - 15:58:55 PDT

Anthony,

> I picked up one of the barcode wands that Grant had mentioned on the
> list.

So did I. This is the MW-400 yes?

I wanted to use it with FilePad which has explicit support for bar code
readers in its text fields and I have got as far as configuring the wand to
cause FilePad to make a sound when a bar code is swiped but no data is
returned into the field.

The wand seems to be fine - when enabled by FilePad it reads the config
barcodes OK with a 3-flash confirmation and it reads other barcodes and
confirms with a single flash as expected.

The setup (by scanning the config barcodes in the user manual) I have is as
follows:

Defaults for all code types (mostly enabled)
Transmit start & stop characters - enabled
9600 baud
0 parity / odd
1 Stop bit
XON/XOFF - disabled
Carriage return as the terminating character

TPS no longer seems to be trading and InPath have no info on their site
regarding this (seemingly now obsolete) scanner other than a very expensive
cable for the Newt. Other Googling around has yielded little extra info.

Can you add anything to this?

Joel.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html