[NTLK] Backup help wanted!

From: George Bingham (george.bingham_at_newted.net)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 14:14:00 PDT

Hi All,

I need help! I am trying to do a backup of my Newton in preparation of installing my SER-001. I cannot get a backup completed on either of my windows machines (using NCU 1.0), Nor have I been able to connect to my old Mac (a Quadra 660 AV running Sys 7.5) via ethernet (appletalk).

Seems like I ought to be able to Ionnect to my Mac via appletalk, but I don't know how to tell the Mac to Use Appletalk. Do I need a server? or might I be Missing software?

I recently obtained a 8.0 and (I think-I'M not at home now) 8.6? CD for newer Mac systems. Will what I need for Appletalk be there?

Anyway, Im just trying to backup my core Newton. no cards, just the internal. Are there alternatives to the buggy apple supplied NCU & NBU for my PCs or my old Mac?

PCL & Escale are talked about a lot here, but they don't apply to any of my hardware, right?

Thanks,

George

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html