Re: [NTLK] Backup help wanted!

From: George Bingham (george.bingham_at_newted.net)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 21:18:00 PDT

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 Robert Benschop wrote:
>Otherwise you need to turn on AppleTalk on you Mac (found in the
>'Chooser' in you Apple Menu, top left on your screen) check in the
>ApleTalk Control Panel if it's set for Ethernet and fire up NCU and
>check in it's preferences (under the Edit menu) that it's listening on
>Appletalk

Cool. I tried backing up to my Mac using Appletalk/ Ethernet again tonight and it worked! I think my problem was my old ethernet card. I used to use an old 3Com 3C 589 card, and now I'm using my new Orinoco Silver. When I insert this new card, it allows me to check an Appletalk box while the old one did'nt.

Otherwise I'd had my Mac Setup properly for Appletalk, just didn't have all the right other pieces.

So now my internal store, and my 20 Mb card were backed up to my mac in my office from the Newton in my living room! I just love wireless!

Thanks all,

Later,

George

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html