[NTLK] etherwave adapter

From: Alex (admeddemda_at_f-m.fm)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 18:52:00 PDT

ok. Thanks to the person who took the time to upload those farallon
drivers onto unna.
But I have a problem. I was looking for software related to the etherwave
adapter, not the etherwave pc card.
Am I missing something here? All I got off unna was the pc card package.

The etherwave adapter was supposedly not in need of any software to run
it... at least from what I've read. But then mine didnt work so I posted
about whether there might be something I'm missing.

well, instead, it looks like I just have a dud etherwave device. I
changed the appletalk prefs to ehternet (instead of printer port for
serial), and the emate is set right (same as it's set for appletalk all
the time over serial)

Should I just toss this thing, or might I be able to fix it (the
etherwave) (apparently when the mac switches the appletalk to ethernet, i
do get some lights flashing on the ehterwave... but when the emate tries
to connect I get nothing... maybe the serial part of this thing is
busted... or maybe it is just toast. (period))

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html