Re: [NTLK] Trouble getting my MP130 to connect

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 21:33:16 PDT

On Saturday, April 26, 2003, at 05:18 PM, Mac User wrote:

> Oddly enough, I kid you not, there is an 8-pin serial port built right
> into my iMac. <snip>

It is an add on actually, probably the gee three stealth serial port...

http://www.gee3.com/

Very professional install which gives a factory look and complete
compatibility too.

Actually the original imac logic board had every aspect of the serial
port except the connector itself(someone might have gotten busy with
the soldering iron) and the solder pads for that are there also on the
early model logic boards...

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html