Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]Case Cracking from SER-001?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 12:15:39 PDT

Quoting Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl>:

> Probably will do, but I would first look where the stress is and make
> sure it isn't there anymore. (and yes, taking the SER-001 out will do
> that job ;-)

Be VERY, VERY CAREFUL when taking out an SER-001. My suggestion: after
removingthe two screws, use a small jeweler's screwdriver and gently pry up
where the connector plugs into the Newton mainboard. It is very important
that you do this very slowly, carefully, and evenly along the length of the
connector otherwise you risk damaging the small connector. I was once not so
careful with my rev 1 SER-001 and tore the little 26-pin connector right off
:( YMMV.

"There's nothing, nothing better than / that small computer with a pen.
Because one thing I can't abide / Hardware that won't let me decide." -FG
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html