[NTLK] Establishing PPP connection on 130 and button bar utility

From: Christian Burk (cmburk75_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 17:25:24 PDT

I'd like to set up my Newton MessagePad 130 to receive e-mail.

I already have a Newton MessagePad 2000 set up to receive e-mail, but the internet setup is different with the 130.

I seemed to have set up everything correctly in that it dials, then sends my account name and password, but the newton hangs when trying to establish a PPP connection.

The newton 130 uses Newton Internet Enabler 1.1. I have no problem faxing from the fax/modem pc card that I have in the newton, but when it comes to establishing a PPP connection, it does nothing.

Also . . .

Is there any kind of button bar utility for 130s like Dashboard. Basically, I want to see the arrows and the little dot to change the view as well as the other apps like names and dates on my screen when the backlight is on.

I have EZ launch, which is fine for anything in the extras folder, but I don't think the apps in the fixed button bar are included.

Many thanks,
Christian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html