Re: [NTLK] H1000 OS and battery questions

From: Scotty Technoir (tick0001_at_algonquincollege.com)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 05:58:14 PDT

P Vaughan wrote:

>Hi,
>I have just acquired an H1000 running OS1.o from eBay, and I was wondering =
>if anyone remembers what changes, or improvements, were made in OS1.O.5; =
>or OS1.1 if I can Use it.
>
>I would like to keep OS1.O for its significance, but if the OS upgrade =
>made major improvements, I may rethink.

1.0 can always be reinstated by a brain wipe. i seem to recall that my
OMP forgot the 1.05 system patch when all info was deleted.

>Also, can I use NiCad batteries in this machine? (The handbook only =
>mentions alkalines.) If so, can they be recharged in the Newton?

not too sure..someone should jump in...

>By the way, I find the H1OOO to be a fabulous machine. I don't find any =
>problems with HWR, but perhaps that's because I've been using Newtons [f]or a few years already.

ugh! i could never get more than one or two words recognized. you must
be a neat handwriter!

>Apps snap open much faster than on my MP130, plus =
>it's at least 25% lighter. And the
>screen is fantastic.

i love the form factor, the rubbery blackness of the OMP...i can imagine
how folks felt when they held for the first time--ten years ago!

>All in all, for the first ever PDA, what an achievement by the Newton team!

try writing 'about newton', hi-lite it and tap assist [maybe you know
this one already]

scotty t

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html