Re: [NTLK] H1000 OS and battery questions

From: Paul Vaughan (paulsvaughan_at_yahoo.com.au)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 08:14:19 PDT

> >By the way, I find the H1OOO to be a fabulous
> machine. I don't find any =
> >problems with HWR, but perhaps that's because I've
> been using Newtons [f]or a few years already.
> >
> ugh! i could never get more than one or two words
> recognized. you must
> be a neat handwriter!

Since I teach foreign students, I have learnt to be
very neat. Plus, using the Newt has also made me
careful.

> i love the form factor, the rubbery blackness of the
> OMP...i can imagine
> how folks felt when they held for the first
> time--ten years ago!

Exactly! As well as the gorgeous feel of the H1000,
this machine was released 10 years ago, when the
IBM/Motorola power PC was yet to be invented, Intel
486 and Windows 3.1 were ruling the roost, and Mark
Andreesen was still developing Netscape. Yet the
Newton had fax and email capabilities. Not to mention
its 'intelligent' assistant. What a machine!

> >All in all, for the first ever PDA, what an
> achievement by the Newton team!
> >

> try writing 'about newton', hi-lite it and tap
> assist [maybe you know
> this one already]

I didn't know this. Thanks Scotty. My hat is off to
each and very one of them.

Paul

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html