Re: [NTLK] [OT] FaxSFT (to Paul Guyot)

From: Paul Vaughan (paulsvaughan_at_yahoo.com.au)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 03:12:04 PDT

Hi Paul,

You wrote:
> You mean you used an Unix program to save all your
> files from a MacOS
> X installation and restore them?

No. What I meant was that I did a 'clean install' of
OSX. But you're right that more than FaxSTF has gone
bad!

The clean install didn't get rid of the problems I've
been having.

I think that the only way to get back to "square one"
is to reformat the HD, and then reinstall everything
from the disks. So I'd like to ask you if you know
what would happen if I did that.

Under OS9, I'd have no qualms about doing it, but I'm
wondering if the new X-Mac doesn't like to be messed
with too much.

Thanks

Paul

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html