Re: [NTLK] Courier error -10606

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 10:58:11 PST

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 09:41:13 -0600, Nathan Turnage wrote:
> I get this exact error code when trying to access my prefs for Courier
> (v0.5). I don't know what to do.

I just read the rest of what happened later and must say that I'm
really sorry that you lost vital data. It would have been great if you
would have notified me earlier... more on that in the other thread.

> I can't clear my cache, and Courier
> seems to be a little shaky at times. It is not uncommon for the app to
> ask me to restart the Newt to clear up a problem.

Yes, this is actually a feature designed to avoid worse things to
happen (such as the -10606 bug you saw). The restart notice is nothing
serious, but it indicates that the Newton is running out of memory.
This is usually the result of viewing a number of large pages in a row.
It should not happen during regular browsing sessions, but if you try
to load say a Slashdot discussion in flat mode, you will probably see
this. You have some control over this by setting cache and download
limits in the preferences.

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html