[NTLK] Need some advice

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 08:13:45 PST

Hey all,

I am starting from scratch and I have long forgotten the names of some
of the apps & utils that I once had installed in my Newt, so I was
hoping I could run a couple things by you all.

1) Are there any financial apps that will let me sinc to modern apps on
my desktop? My bank will allow me to download xxx.qif files with my
info, and I was wondering which apps might make use of these on the
Newt. I was using PocketQuicken, but I need to sinc with my desktop, and
I did not find a way to do that with that app. Am I missing something?
Is PocketMoney worth $40? What does it do that PQ can't?

2) Time tracking and job logging apps. I currently have Time Reporter
(thanks Ed) and, having never used the app, would like to know if I can
export any kind of database from it to use on the desktop. Is it
possible? If not, what might allow me to retreive data in a format the
Filemaker or Excel might be able to use? Is it even possible on the
Newt? Any that will let me print the data or forms contained therein?

3) Are there any free apps (or commercial if need be) that will allow me
to ftp from my Newton? I would like to build some basic html pages using
Adam Tow's nHTML and post them to a web server.

That's all I can think of now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nate

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html