Re: [NTLK] Need some advice

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 08:45:42 PST

On 04/12/03 11:13, "Nathan Turnage" <nturnage_at_andadv.com> wrote:

> 1) Are there any financial apps that will let me sinc to modern apps on
> my desktop? My bank will allow me to download xxx.qif files with my
> info, and I was wondering which apps might make use of these on the
> Newt. I was using PocketQuicken, but I need to sinc with my desktop, and
> I did not find a way to do that with that app. Am I missing something?
> Is PocketMoney worth $40? What does it do that PQ can't?

PocketMoney has many advantages over PocketQuicken that are too numerous to
list. The best thing is to try it. It can export data as qif files that you
can then import in Quicken. I did it for some time and it worked well.

> 2) Time tracking and job logging apps. I currently have Time Reporter
> (thanks Ed) and, having never used the app, would like to know if I can
> export any kind of database from it to use on the desktop. Is it
> possible? If not, what might allow me to retreive data in a format the
> Filemaker or Excel might be able to use? Is it even possible on the
> Newt? Any that will let me print the data or forms contained therein?

There is a data transfer tool that comes with TimeReporter. You can then
export selected time entries to a computer and import the resulting text
file in a spreadsheet or other applications accepting CSV or other text file
formats for data.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html