Re: [NTLK] Poutine alert!

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 08:58:36 PST

Sorry, but not only Canadians! Robert Benschop is *NOT* Canadian and he
likes poutine! I know, I was with him this summer...

I defy anybody that never tried a poutine to have one with an opened mind.
People are afraid just by trying to imagine what it is. Until you ate one,
you can't tell what it is.

Think about it: who would have thought that some mechanically processed
residual meat (you can't really tell what it is), shaped like a sausage,
without having anything to do with a real sausage like the ones you can have
in Germany, UK or other European countries, stacked in some kind of bun
almost split in 2 would become known as a "hot dog"? Nobody in the US is
really thinking about what they're eating when they take on a good dog while
watching a baseball game during a nice afternoon. It's so enjoyable, why
would you think about it? Everybody eat hotdog without thinking about it.

That's the same with poutine. You would like it!

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html