Re: [NTLK] Poutine alert!

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 09:12:54 PST

- Think about it: who would have thought that some mechanically processed
- residual meat (you can't really tell what it is), shaped like a sausage,
- without having anything to do with a real sausage like the ones you
can have
- in Germany, UK or other European countries, stacked in some kind of bun
- almost split in 2 would become known as a "hot dog"? Nobody in the US is
- really thinking about what they're eating when they take on a good dog
while
- watching a baseball game during a nice afternoon. It's so enjoyable, why
- would you think about it? Everybody eat hotdog without thinking about it.
- That's the same with poutine. You would like it!

Eeww, hotdogs! I would touch one with a ten foot pole. You know what
they make those with don't you?! Lips and arseholes, and other assorted
scraps. But I could go for an authentic German Wurst, or a shishkabob
from the Kristkindelmarkts (sp?). Oh my goodness, just thinking about
them brings back memories. Used to live in a sleepy little town in
(then) West Germany, called Zweibrücken. We have no winter here in
Texas, no snow, no real christmas vibe. This time of year always makes
me a bit "homesick" for the it and the Nuremburg christmas markets,
nachwursts, shishkabobs, and crépes, oh my!

But the only hotdogs I feel safe eating are made of soy. Taste the same,
yet none of the yuck-factor.

As for poutine, if I ever make as far as the Great White North, I might
try one.

-Nate

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html