Re: [NTLK] Silencing a Newton keyboard

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 16:05:47 PST

> People complain that the newton keyboard is loud.
> That is not my personal experience. However I have
> effectively "silenced" my keyboard and here is how:

Well... I just remembered that web site nominations
for the much desired Newtie awards will soon start...
so... maybe... it might be a good idea to point out
that your friendly neighborhood Newton and eMate
hardware site (you know, the one in the signature) has
detailed Newton keyboard disassembly and reassembly
instructions here (English)

http://www.pda-soft.de/keyboard_disassemble.html

or here (German)

http://www.pda-soft.de/ge_keyboard_disassemble.html