Re: [NTLK] Problem with Restoring my Backup

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 14:36:06 PST

Aux environs du 7/12/03 à 23:34 +0100, sous le titre "[NTLK] Problem
with Restoring my Backup", Martin Klein prit sa plus belle plume pour
écrire les mots suivants:
>I have a UMP2100 and I made a backup of my CF-Card using NCU for
>Windows. My problem is that I can not restore the backup to my card via
>NCU. If I try to restore the backup, the Newton (or NCU, not sure about
>that) cancels the Connection after restoring ca. 520KB - 550KB. The
>backup is about 3 MB.

Have you tried to restore it on a linear card?

I think you sent me your backup file, unfortunately, NCU for Windows
and NCU for Macintosh don't use the same format. Maybe a kind soul
with a Windows machine may try to restore your backup to a linear
card?
If the problem is card related (or more probably timout related),
you'll get your data back.

What may happen is that the Newton takes too long to store data to
the card and NCU gives up.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/