Re: [NTLK] Problem with Restoring my Backup

From: Martin Klein (haembacher.newton_at_web.de)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 09:32:19 PST

Paul Guyot schrieb:

>Aux environs du 7/12/03 à 23:34 +0100, sous le titre "[NTLK] Problem
>with Restoring my Backup", Martin Klein prit sa plus belle plume pour
>écrire les mots suivants:
>

>>I have a UMP2100 and I made a backup of my CF-Card using NCU for
>>Windows. My problem is that I can not restore the backup to my card via
>>NCU. If I try to restore the backup, the Newton (or NCU, not sure about
>>that) cancels the Connection after restoring ca. 520KB - 550KB. The
>>backup is about 3 MB.
>>

>Have you tried to restore it on a linear card?

No, I didn't try that because I don't have a spare one at the moment. :-(

>I think you sent me your backup file, unfortunately, NCU for Windows
>and NCU for Macintosh don't use the same format. Maybe a kind soul
>with a Windows machine may try to restore your backup to a linear
>card?
>If the problem is card related (or more probably timout related),
>you'll get your data back.

Well the data which is on this backup is not that important, but I want
to get Ata Support to work so I can make and restore backups and finally
buy it. :-)

>What may happen is that the Newton takes too long to store data to
>the card and NCU gives up.

I'm using a Sandisk 64 MB Compact Flash Card. Has anyone else had
problems with this card?

Martin

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html