Re: [NTLK] Newbie question about transferring data from one Newt to another...

From: Paul Curtis (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 16:35:45 PST

OK,

Comm1 is set to 9600,8,n,1 - flow control none, FIFO is disabled on my
laptop. I restarted the laptop, shut done the MP 120. With a fresh
instance of XP running I fired up NCU and made sure that Comm1 was
selected. The laptop and the Newton are connected already. I turned on
the MP 120 and tapped extras, tapped connection, made sure that "Serial
9600 - Windows" was selected, then tapped connect. It blips it's
obligatory 4 times and even though I crossed my fingers, I get the same
ole' "The connection was stopped because there was no response."
problem.

I have always hated the serial protocol, and I only think that quietly!

Thanks by the way for helping me, this is really annoying.

Regards,

Paul Curtis