Re: [NTLK] Newton compatible router

From: Paul Vaughan (paulsvaughan_at_yahoo.com.au)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 14:46:48 PST

 --- mikes_newton <mikes_newton_at_yahoo.com> wrote: >

> Does anybody have their MP connected to a
> ethernet network?
>
> If so which router are you using?
>
> It seems that my ethernet problems are arising from
> my
> Netgear Wireless Router MR814v2.

I'm using a Netgear MR814 router, and a Netgear MA401
card.

I had problems connecting using DHCP, so I set the IP
addresses manually, and I've since had no problems.

I also accessed the router and set a fixed IP address
for the Newton, made sure the router had the MAC
address for the card, that the card and router were
set to the same SSID name, and that the card was set
correctly in the Wireless Card Access List.

If you need help on how to set these items, feel free
to email me.

Hope this helps

Paul

BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21064/*http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk